Wetzin’kwa Grade 12 Learning Awards
The Wetzinkwa Community Forest Corporation has partnered with the BVCF to offer learning awards. The Grade 12 Wetzin’kwa Learning Awards are for students completing secondary school this school year and planning post-secondary studies. They are based on achievements, volunteer work, community and leadership activities.
VALUE: $1,000.00 per award, for 3 awards.
1. Awards are offered to students completing secondary school this school year at accredited schools within School District #54 (Bulkley Valley) .
2. Awards are offered to one student from Telkwa, one student from Smithers and one student with Wet’suwet’en heritage.
3. Preference may be given to students who will be studying a field related to forest or environmental studies and/or who have exhibited strong sense of community and leadership. However, all areas of study will be considered.
4. The post-secondary institution must be one where students are eligible to receive student loans. See list of designated schools at https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/programs/post-secondary/designated-schools.html
5. Students must be Canadian Citizens, landed immigrants or permanent residents who reside full time within BVCF area.
6. If successful, applicant must submit written confirmation of registration and official receipt of tuition fees to receive funds.
7. Awards must be claimed within 18 months of notification.
TO APPLY: Complete the application form on the right. See “How to Apply” for full instructions.
Anyone wishing to contribute to this award may do so to the BVCF. Specify that funds are for the Wetzin’kwa Grade 12 Learning Awards.