Fritz Pfeiffer Adult Learning Awards
The Fritz Pfeiffer Adult Learning Awards are for adults planning post-secondary education. They are based on achievements, volunteer work, community and leadership activities. They are named for the Telkwa gentleman who donated funds for these awards. Mr Pfeiffer was particularly interested in supporting students in areas of study related to forestry, banking and trades, however all areas of study will be considered. He wanted to support students who work very hard, show a desire to learn and exhibit initiative. He recognized that people may sometimes not discover what they want to do, or who they want to be, until they are adults.
VALUE: $4,000.00, divided between two or three recipients.
1. Applicants must be 19 years or older and out of high school for at least one year.
2. Applicants must be Canadian citizens, landed immigrants or permanent residents whose permanent address is within BVCF area.
3. Preference may be given to areas of study related to forestry, banking and trades, however all areas of study will be considered.
4. If successful, applicant must submit written confirmation of registration and official receipt of tuition fees to receive funds.
5. Awards must be claimed within 18 months of notification.
TO APPLY: Complete the application form on the right. You must include your cover letter and two signed reference letters. See How to Apply for full instructions and requirements.
Anyone wishing to contribute to this award may do so to the BVCF. Specify that funds are for the Fritz Pfeiffer Adult Learning Awards.