Community Impact Grant
The Bulkley Valley Community Foundation is offering an extraordinary opportunity for organizations to apply for funding for a major project that will enhance quality of life in the Bulkley Valley area. A grant with a value of up to $200,000.00 is available. This grant is in addition to our annual Community Grants.
We are seeking a project with positive community impact. This project will help us to fulfill our fields of interest and areas of focus as identified in the BVCF 2021 Strategic Plan. BVCF fields of interest are: community, cultural, fine arts, education, social and family, sports and recreation, youth and health. The BVCF Strategic Plan can be downloaded from the documents list on this page.
- This project will have its main impact in the Smithers area, but impact across the BVCF area1 is beneficial.
- May benefit rural and/or urban public of any ages, abilities and walks of life.
- Will be in the local communities’ public interest.
- May be currently underway, roughly planned or in the vision phase.
- May enable further charitable activity for your group or other groups.
- Will be completed by December of 2023.
The BVCF area extends from Topley to Kitwanga including Granisle, Houston, Telkwa, Smithers, and the Hazeltons in North Central B.C.
- Organizations that are registered charities or qualified donees under the Income Tax Act are eligible to apply for this BVCF grant.
- Organizations that are not registered charities or qualified donees under the Income Tax Act may be eligible to apply for the grant by contracting with an agency that is a registered charity, which will agree to have their charitable registration number used on the application, accept any funds on behalf of the applicant and provide a written statement of their agreement. Such an agreement doesn’t need to be in place in order to submit an Expression of Interest, but will be required if needed at the full application stage.
- Applicants may seek funds from multiple sources.
- Applicants may partner with other organizations. Resource sharing, service expansion and knowledge sharing are acceptable. However, the successful applicant will be responsible for project completion.
- This grant will not made to individuals or businesses.
- BVCF will not fund annual core operating expenses, salaries and wages of organizations, operating or capital deficits, fund raising or endowment campaigns, expenditures for direct religious activities, or travel expenses unless essential to project delivery.
How to Apply for the BVCF Community Impact Grant
Step 1. Expression of Interest. We are currently calling for Expressions of Interest: Brief project descriptions and organizational information. The Expression of Interest will be used to assess organization eligibility and how the project fits with BVCF strategic priorities.
- Expressions of Interest must be submitted to the BVCF by July 30, 2021.
- Submissions must follow the outline found in the document “BVCF Community Grant EOI Format”, which can be downloaded from the documents list on this page.
- All Expressions of Interest will be reviewed and all applicants will receive a reply whether successful or not.
Step 2. Presentation and full application. Successful EOI proponents will be invited to present projects to the Board of Directors of the Bulkley Valley Community Foundation. A detailed proposal, proven organizational capacity and a complete budget will be required at this point in the process. Fall 2021.
Step 3. Selection of project and proponent. BVCF will prepare a grant agreement with the selected proponent. Schedules for reporting and payment will be determined. This step will take place in Fall of 2021. We reserve the right to direct award the grant should no proposals reach the selection step.
Step 4. Final report and publicity!